Target Teach Essential Math Concepts – 2 Day Seminar
Learn easy ways to teach math concepts with unique strategies, games, songs, and activities.
About the K-5 Workshop:
Are you looking for interesting ideas and proven strategies that target teach K-5 Common Core or State Math Standards? Would you like to add more essential elements to your mathematical program that will maximize student engagement and achievement? If so, join Ron and Nancy Brown for a powerful seminar that is packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-use games, activities, songs, and techniques that will help raise test scores and promote understanding. Come prepared for jam-packed days of learning, laughter, and teacher-friendly tools that will inspire and energize you and your students.
What You Will Learn:
- Practical ready-to-use games, ideas, songs, and creative activities that will help your students understand math concepts.
- Terrific math ideas and strategies that can easily be incorporated into your current program and add excitement for you and your students
- Kim Sutton’s amazing drill & practice, place value and number line activities that support every math program.
- Incredible information on the brain that will help you identify the instructional needs of every student. How songs, raps, and chants create life long hooks to memory that make unforgettable math connections
- Discover how to use math song lyrics to teach math concepts as well as vocabulary development, reading for information, and fluency.
- Brain Compatible techniques to teach number sense, place value, fractions, math facts, shapes, skip counting, time, money, rounding, and so much more.
- Make math come alive with unique ideas and shenanigans that align with the common core and state standards.
- How to accelerate learning, inclusion, motivation and understanding with the power of rhyme, rhythm, and targeted teaching.
About The Speakers:
With more than 50 years of primary and intermediate teaching experience between them, Ron and Nancy Brown understand what works in the classroom. They continue to draw rave reviews at state, national, and international conferences for their creative and practical teaching ideas. For more than 20 years, the Browns have helped thousands of teachers learn useful strategies, games, songs, and techniques that teach K-5 math skills and concepts. Using original songs and loads of creativity, Ron and Nancy have also developed dozens of exciting classroom-tested activities that teachers and students love.
Ron Brown is the author of over 500 songs and 36 albums of educational music. He is also recognized and published by:
- Kim Sutton-Creative Mathematics
- McGraw Hill Math
- Peace Corps
- Perfection Learning Co.
- Shiller Math
- Danos Books (Israel)
- Award Reading (Australia)
- Teaching & Learning Magazine (United Kingdom)
- Jiggy Wrigglers (United Kingdom)
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
Earn 1, 2 or 3 semester units of credit from University of Pacific for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes.