Super Drills for the Common Core Standards
2 Day Summer Seminar
Daily drill and practice is the key to your students learning the fluency needed for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Many teachers struggle to find effective drills that really work! Kim's wonderful workshop, SUPER DRILLS, gives you powerful and motivating activities that your students will love—but more importantly will teach them the basic building blocks they need to be successful in mathematics.
Kim's wonderful workshop has dozens of ideas and challenging activities that can be used for any grade level and adapts for either whole class or small group instruction. This dynamic two day workshop provides you with ready to use "super drills" that can be utilized immediately! Kim gives you fabulous ideas that teach place value, factoring, multiplication, division, addition and subtraction. SUPER DRILLS is totally hands-on which gives you a great perspective on student learning. Kim weaves classroom management and organizational ideas throughout the class and gives you assessment tips that allow you to instantly check where your students are mathematically! Don't miss this exciting opportunity to change the way you view and teach drill and practice!
What You Will Learn:
- Exciting drills that cover these four critical areas: Whole Group, Small Group, Mental Math and Take Home.
- Receive over "50" exciting drill and practice activities that build mathematical skills according to the Common Core Standards.
- Dynamic drills that build mathematical confidence and independence.
- Using dominoes, playing cards and spinners to improve math fluency.
- How to use music that excites your math program and get positive results.
- Develop whole class lessons that TEACH the understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Classroom management and assessment techniques that really work!
- "Super" place value activities that will change how you teach and how students learn this crucial concept.
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Elementary Math Teachers, Resource Specialist Teachers, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
Credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – details provided at the seminar. Verification of hours of participation will be provided for continuing education or re-certification requirements.
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).