Marcy Cook master educator, author and math specialist, has presented workshops and seminars for teachers throughout the USA and in over two dozen foreign countries. Having taught two years in the International School in Thessaloniki Greece, she has provided math inservices in South America, Central America, Canada, Mexico, Asia, Africa and Europe. With a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and a Masters Degree from Stanford University she has taught all elementary grades, junior high, high schools and university levels. Marcy currently works as an independent math consultant training thousands of enthusiastic teachers with her active, hands-on workshops. Her experience with classroom teaching, GATE (gifted and talented education), and student teaching supervision have inspired her to create meaningful math materials (over 100 books and 190 tile task card packets) and to share her ideas with others. Marcy is a very creative and innovative presenter who brings energy and motivation to her sessions. Her active hands-on workshops leave teachers with practical ideas and strategies to take back to the classroom immediately.
- Create an “Active” Mathematics Classroom
- A Balanced Math Class / A Balanced Math Class (Raleigh/Charlotte, NC)
- Math Centers To Maximize Math Minutes & Differentiate
- Mathematics: The Thinking Sport
- Making Sense of Numbers & Shapes, Reasoning & Relationships
- Create a “Live” Mathematics Classroom