Making Every Math Minute Count
Live Zoom Workshop
December 5, 2020 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM (PST)
Fee for the workshop is $99 per person.
Feeling like there isn’t enough time to get everything shoehorned into your mathematical program? “Making Every Math Minute Count” is a virtual workshop for K-5 teachers. This course gives elementary teachers powerful algebraic connection strategies that are ready for you to implement tomorrow. Teachers will enjoy games, songs, books and puzzles. These activities utilize every minute of the math period to engage every student in making algebraic connections in number sense and measurement. This virtual workshop addresses the Common Core, state and provincial standards.
Kim Sutton will model multi-grade strategies using classroom tested activities, games and puzzles. You will be thrilled with the collection of powerful materials ready for your classroom and be treated to engaging literature, songs, and practical strategies to make mathematics the best part of the teaching day!
Throughout this intensive workshop, participants will gain knowledge about mathematical content, math teaching strategies, and how children gain an algebraic foundation. Every game and activity in this class has three levels for use with all students in your classroom!
What You Will Learn:
- What algebra should look like in the elementary classroom.
- How math is nutrition for the brain through the latest research into the questions we ask students.
- The “top” ten children’s literature titles for building algebraic power!
- Create language connections through mathematical puzzles, games and activities.
- How to differentiate mathematical instruction with Kim’s “ready to go” ideas-more than you hoped for!
- Classroom and student tools for maximizing your instructional time for achieving the best results in all areas of mathematics.
- How to make the many dimensions of measurement more profound for your students with complex ideas presented in the most motivating of ways!
- How to make your classroom much more motivating for learning mathematics with Kim’s amazing strategies!
- Quick and powerful strategies to “hook” students into thinking first thing every morning: five new algebra focus activities to begin each day of the week.
- What elementary algebra tool is missing from commercial math materials? How you can make it a part of every day with amazing results!
- Do you know the postage stamp problem? Unlock the mysteries behind the most important concept that affects children mathematically and strengthens all that they understand.
- Worry about subtraction skills? Never again with these powerful new subtraction practice opportunities tied into algebraic foundations.
- Have you met Penny? Three literature titles that will have your students “wagging their tails” with wonder at this mathematical terrier. You will love the mathematical opportunities that the literature and activities provide. Build mathematical power with these three titles!
- Look around and what do you see? Everyday ideas that will make powerful mathematical connections!
- Understanding data analysis through probability experiences using books and tools that students never forget and build algebraic generalizations.
About The Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim’s teaching experience includes over 40 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 500 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education and has been the keynote speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 18 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned—Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to be thrilled, challenged, and energized!
Great Books by Kim:
- Cooking Up MORE Math Concentration
- Cooking Up Math Concentration
- Bump It!
- All Aboard the Algebra Express
- Fractions: A Part of the Whole
- Math Engineers
- Math Focus Activities
- Visual Tools
- Number Line Workbook
- The Power of Digital Root
- Making Math Books with Children
- Powerful Numbers 0-100
- Place Value with Pizzazz
- Dynamic Dice
- Do the Math
- Math Drills to Thrill
- Let’s Get Started!
- Dazzling Dominoes
Class Starts 7:00 AM (PST)
Adjourn 2:00 PM (PST)
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
This Seminar Includes:
- Downloadable PDF Handout
What To Have:
Participants will need scissors, stapler, scotch tape, deck of playing cards, three regular dice, paper clips, double six dominoes (available on our Freebies section), marking pens in a variety of colors, and 5 sheets 8.5" x 11" white paper.
December 5, 2020 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM (PST)
The Meeting ID and password will be sent to your email.
1/2 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Creative Mathematics is an approved Texas CPE provider. Assigment required for credit and/or verification of completion.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Making Every Math Minute Count LIVE ZOOM
- Presenter: Kim Sutton
- Product Code: 2816
- Availability: In Stock