Establishing Critical Math Routines for a Virtual Classroom
Live Zoom Workshop
October 19, 2020 6:00 AM – 1:00 PM (PST)
Fee for the workshop is $99 per person.
Kim Sutton’s FUN workshop for K-5 will focus on how to take short amounts of time in the teaching day to establish routines with math activities that build strength in number sense including areas like place value, number properties, proportional reasoning, fact fluency and mental math.
The strategies that Kim has developed are proven to motivate and create constant reinforcement of skills for all students. Participants will be actively involved in constructing and using math tools that deepen their understanding of the fundamentals of math instruction. All of the strategies will be connected to the math standards of all participants
Kim will model how she uses every minute in the classroom to keep students actively involved in thinking and reinforcing important concepts. Her strategies are all ready to use. Participants will receive a PDF manual.
Kim Sutton is a master at helping teachers understand how to differentiate instruction with music, dance, literature, games and activities. She has helped countless schools and districts become more effective at how mathematics is approached with elementary students. Wherever Kim speaks, teachers flock to hear her message and feel her motivation. Participants will love this class!
What You Will Learn:
- New powerful and effective strategies for fact fluency
- Increase the impact of the classroom number line with grade specific questions
- Turn your Fridays into a day of higher level thinking
- More mental math ideas using the simplest of tools
- Making connections with words and numbers for proportional reasoning
- Using music and movements that reinforce math concepts for permanence
- The daily activities you need to build strong number sense
- Amazing strategies to create instant student engagement without extensive preparation
- Connecting the standards to each strategy
- New literature titles for simple connections in number sense and other content strands
- Simple but effective games for reinforcement of skills
- Learn how to cover all the standards using one simple tool with students
- Introduction to new music and dances from Ron Brown of Intelli-Tunes
- Materials that are easy and ready to use tomorrow in the elementary classroom
- Powerful fact fluency tools you can implement immediately
- Learn how to differentiate activities to accommodate all learners in your classroom
About The Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim's teaching experience includes over 40 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 500 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master's degree in Mathematics Education and has been the keynote speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 18 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned—Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to be thrilled, challenged, and energized!
Great Books by Kim:
- All Aboard the Algebra Express
- Fractions: A Part of the Whole
- Math Engineers
- Math Focus Activities
- Visual Tools
- Number Line Workbook
- The Power of Digital Root
- Making Math Books with Children
- Powerful Numbers 0-100
- Place Value with Pizzazz
- Dynamic Dice
- Do the Math
- Math Drills to Thrill
- Let's Get Started!
- Dazzling Dominoes
- Bump It!
- Cooking Up Math Concentration
- Cooking Up MORE Math Concentration
Class Starts 6:00 AM (PST)
Adjourn 1:00 PM (PST)
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
This Seminar Includes:
- Downloadable PDF Handout
What To Have:
Participants will need scissors, stapler, scotch tape, deck of playing cards, three regular dice, paper clips, double six dominoes (available on our Freebies section), marking pens in a variety of colors, and 5 sheets 8.5" x 11" white paper.
October 19, 2020 6:00 AM – 1:00 PM (PST)
The Meeting ID and password will be sent to your email.
1/2 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Creative Mathematics is an approved Texas CPE provider. Assigment required for credit and/or verification of completion.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Establishing Critical Math Routines for a Virtual Classroom LIVE ZOOM
- Presenter: Kim Sutton
- Product Code: 2812
- Availability: In Stock