A Powerful Grade-Specific Fact Fluency Program!
This workshop will be available
June 8, 2020-August 31, 2020
Fee for the virtual workshop is $319 per person. Groups of 3 or more is $299 per person.
PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
THIS IS WHERE YOUR MATERIALS WILL BE SENT.
NOTE! When paying online with a credit card, your card is charged in US funds. Canadians can still register online, but if you want to pay in Canadian funds select “Cheque/Money Order” and send Canadian cheque. Materials will be sent once payment is received.
We are very excited about our powerful grade-specific fact fluency program that will truly change the way you teach and how your students practice basic facts. Basic facts are the building blocks for all areas of mathematical content. The process of mathematical thinking is hampered when students do not have immediate access to a math fact. Kim Sutton’s 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency is a program designed to assist you in planning for a daily five to nine minutes of basic math fact practice. The 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency is a tool that breaks computational strategies down by grade level and gives classroom teachers a suggested plan for implementing the practice element necessary for fluency.
The program is broken into four books: Kindergarten, 1st/2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th/5th/6th grade. Each book comes with a grade-specific collection of math songs by Ron Brown and the Random Number Music. The whole book is built to be incredibly teacher-friendly so everything you need is at your fingertips. Included in the program are pre/post assessments for each strategy taught. Kindergarten is assessment-free. The program is designed with a plan for ten days of practice on each computational strategy. This is a great supplement to any math program and is a wonderful intervention tool.
About the Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim’s teaching experience includes over 40 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 500 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education and has been the key-note speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 18 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned— Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to be thrilled, challenged, and energized!
Great Books by Kim:
- All Aboard the Algebra Express
- Fractions: A Part of the Whole
- Math Engineers
- Math Focus Activities
- Visual Tools
- Number Line Workbook
- The Power of Digital Root
- Making Math Books with Children
- Powerful Numbers 0-100
- Place Value with Pizzazz
- Dynamic Dice
- Do the Math
- Math Drills to Thrill
- Let's Get Started!
- Dazzling Dominoes
- Bump It!
- Cooking Up Math Concentration
- Cooking Up MORE Math Concentration
2 Day Workshop Highlights
- Participants will receive one grade-specific book for their exclusive use and training for a year long math fact fluency program.
- There are four different books: Kindergarten, Grades 1-2, Grade 3, Grades 4-5-6 ($100 Value!).
- Complete program will assist in planning for a five to nine minutes of basic math fact fluency and will supplement any math program.
- Each book comes with a grade-specific collection of math songs and the Random Number Music which is a must for longterm retention.
- Books are organized by computational strategies to move students closer to the goal of math fact fluency.
- You will receive the same manual, tool kit and list of needed supplies, plus your grade-specific 10 Block book with the virtual class.
- You will be able to view and access it at your convenience thru the summer, not just the two-day in-person dates we had scheduled.
- You will receive a $30 coupon good towards Creative Mathematics materials that can support the implementation of the 10 Block program.
- You will eliminate travel costs, drive time and scheduling conflicts.
- You will receive a link to the training and be able to decide how and when you would like to watch it.
- As part of your registration fee, Kim will be available to schedule a Zoom session if needed to answer questions about the program.
Who Should Attend?
All K-6 Classroom Teachers, Elementary Math Teachers, Resource Specialist Teachers, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
This Seminar Includes:
- Virtual Training
- Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
- Grade-Specific 10 Block Book
PLEASE NOTE Teachers who already own a 10 Block book may purchase the training at a reduced rate. Teachers who teach multiple grade levels may purchase an additional book at a reduced rate. Please contact Creative Mathematics at (800) 841-5193 for more information.
1 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Creative Mathematics is an approved Texas CPE provider. Assigment required for credit and/or verification of completion.
What You Need:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, and an individual hole punch.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
10 Block Planning Schedule for Math Fact Fluency - 2 Day - VIRTUAL
- Presenter: Kim Sutton
- Product Code: 2789
- Availability: In Stock