Practice Makes Perfect!
Math Strategies to Build Strong Number Sense
Math Content for Your Grade Specific Classrom
Fee for the workshop is $269 per person. Groups of 3 or more is $249 per person.
Come and experience this exciting new two-day math class with Ron and Nancy Brown and Kim Sutton. You will be amazed by the strategies presented for improving number sense for all students. Ron and Nancy Brown will dazzle the K-2 session and Kim Sutton will rock grades 3-5! You will love the active engagement of all the strategies, construction of meaningful math tools and ready-to-go materials that are included in this class. Each presenter has prepared an intense hands-on workshop that covers the NCTM Standards and focuses on specific needs and interests for the grade level they are teaching. Ron & Nancy and Kim are experts whose intense two days are full of ideas that will strengthen your mathematical understanding and teaching!
- A powerful toolkit and manual that includes “hands on” tools and strategies for building strong number!
- Construction of meaningful math tools that will become a part of your classroom everyday! Bring your scissors, markers, scotch tape, stapler and an individual hole punch!
- Learn how to build strong number sense through new strategies for place value that include counting, subitizing and grouping!
- Establish five powerful routines that will change the mathematical mindset of your students!
- Take on math fact fluency by learning the best ways to practice facts! Thrill them with the drills!
- Create a repertoire of math songs and dances for improving retention of content with your students! The brain research is correct!
- New math games to make practice fun and motivational! You will love the ease!
- Wonderful children’s literature bibliography to make the mathematics come alive! So many books, so little time!
About The Speaker:
Kim Sutton is an amazing educator who has shared her passion for teaching of mathematics and her award winning strategies with thousands of teachers throughout the world at conferences and workshops. Her extensive classroom experience is evident at every workshop. Her workshops are always exciting as participants engage in constructing tools and understanding about mathematical content. You will leave this class knowing more content, more about how children learn mathematics and with tons of practical materials! Kim Sutton has written 18 books to enhance difficult areas of the mathematics curriculum. She has also developed a phenomenal drill and practice program by grade level called Ten Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency!
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Morning Coffee, Pastries
- Door Prizes
- Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
1 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – please check at the workshop.
Registration 8:00 am
Class Starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:00 pm
Joyce Focht ISC
412 South Main Street
Wichita, KS 67202
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Practice Makes Perfect! (Grades 3-4-5) - 2 Day
- Presenter: Kim Sutton
- Product Code: 2709
- Availability: In Stock