Target Teach Essential Math Concepts
Learn easy ways to teach math concepts with unique strategies, games, songs, and activities.
Fee for the workshop is $269 per person. Groups of 3 or more is $249 per person.
Are you looking for interesting ideas and proven strategies that target teach K-5 Common Core or State Math Standards? Would you like to add more essential elements to your mathematical program that will maximize student engagement and achievement? If so, join Ron and Nancy Brown for a powerful seminar that is packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-use games, activities, songs, and techniques that will help raise test scores and promote understanding. Come prepared for two jam-packed days of learning, laughter, and teacher-friendly tools that will inspire and energize you and your students.
What You Will Learn:
- Practical ready-to-use games, ideas, songs, and creative activities that will help your students understand math concepts.
- Terrific math ideas and strategies that can easily be incorporated into your current program and add excitement for you and your students.
- Kim Sutton’s amazing drill & practice, place value and number line activities that support every math program.
- Incredible information on the brain that will help you identify the instructional needs of every student. How songs, raps, and chants create life long hooks to memory that make unforgettable math connections.
- Discover how to use math song lyrics to teach math concepts as well as vocabulary development, reading for information, and fluency.
- Brain Compatible techniques to teach number sense, place value, fractions, math facts, shapes, skip counting, time, money, rounding, and so much more.
2 Day Program Highlights:
- Learning connections! Using hands-on math games, songs, and activities, we will show how the brain processes and stores math skills and core concepts. How emotion and novelty drive attention and learning. How to identify the learning style of every student in your class for precise and balanced lesson planning. Simple techniques to stimulate the brain to optimize learning and create enthusiasm for both teachers and students.
- Introducing and exploring the math tool kit!
- Kim Sutton’s and the Brown’s amazing games, ideas and strategies, for number sense, counting, place value, number line, skip counting, multiplication, fractions and much more.
- Continuation of the above mentioned math concepts. Getting those concepts to “stick” with dozens of ready-to-use, hands-on, easy-to-implement activities, songs, and games, that fit perfectly with Common Core or State Standards. (Just plug it in to your existing program!)
- Enjoy lunch on your own
- Bringing novelty and excitement to your classroom with unforgettable group games, strategies and techniques that will add sizzle to your math lessons.
- Multiplication/addition facts, rounding, 10 frames, shapes, equivalent fractions, geometry, expanded notation, money, and time.
- Putting It all Together and Wrapping it Up!
About The Speakers:
With more than 50 years of primary and intermediate teaching experience between them, Ron and Nancy Brown understand what truly works in the classroom. They continually draw rave reviews at state, national, and international conferences for their creative and practical teaching ideas. For more than 20 years, the Browns have helped thousands of teachers learn useful techniques that engage and motivate students during daily math lessons. Ron and Nancy have developed a string of amazing classroom-tested ideas and activities that are loved by both students and educators. Ron Brown is the author of more than 500 educational songs. He is also recognized and published by:
- Kim Sutton-Creative Mathematics
- McGraw Hill Math
- Peace Corps
- Perfection Learning Co.
- Shiller Math
- Danos Books (Israel)
- Award Reading (Australia)
- Teaching & Learning Magazine (United Kingdom)
- Jiggy Wrigglers (United Kingdom)
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators (K-5), Administrators are encouraged to attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Extensive Resource Handbook
- Door Prizes
- Digital Download Music Sampler
What To Bring:
Scissors, colored markers, stapler, hole punch, scotch tape, glue sticks.
Earn 1, 2 or 3 semester units of credit from University of Pacific for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes.
Registration 8:00 am
Class Starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:00 pm
Tehama County Department of Education
1135 Lincoln Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Target Teach Essential Math Concepts – 2 Day
- Presenter: Ron and Nancy Brown
- Product Code: 2707
- Availability: In Stock