Math Games for All Standards
Teaching Intensive Content With Motivation
Fee for the workshop is $269 per person. Groups of 3 or more is $249 per person.
Linda Wallace will share Kim Sutton’s passion for the learning of mathematics through joyful experiences using games and other motivational strategies that practice mathematical content so that it is never forgotten! This exciting 2 day class is filled with practical games and is designed for teachers of K-5 students using dice and spinners. Participants will receive a manual and tool kit for easy implementation of the games in any classroom situation. The games will incorporate number sense through basic facts, place value, fractions, geometry and algebraic thinking. Students will understand the math content by repeated use of these motivating and exciting games. Linda Wallace will present these practical games that practice math skills and align to the standards. The game boards and materials are so simple and easy to implement. Special effort will be made to show how all grade levels can use these games. Come prepared to enjoy the songs, dances and games that will change your math classroom into a motivational festival of mathematics.
What You Will Learn:
- 25 NEW games for reinforcing math skills of the Standards
- Management strategies for maximizing student time on task
- Place value games with never ending pizzazz!
- Building proportional reasoning with games for the three models of fractions
- Number sense, number sense, number sense!
- A deeper understanding of the Standards
- Take the fear out of teaching math and put the fun back in
- Add these words to your math program: fun, games, practice, learn, understand
2 Day Program Highlights:
- Why Games Are Powerful Tools for All Math Concepts!
- How to Teach Meaningful Math and Use Games to Reinforce the Concepts
- Number Sense Games Using Dice that Develop Strong Understanding of Place Value
- Games for Drill and Practice---New Ideas for Math Fact Fluency
- How to Set Up Games for Differentiation Through Response to Intervention
- Games for Developing Proportional Reasoning! Fractions Made Easy!
- Management Ideas for Making Game Time Fun for All!
- Connecting the Standards to Each Game
- Learn How to Differentiate Games to Accommodate all Learners in your Classroom to use Tomorrow in the Elementary Classroom
About The Speaker:
Linda Wallace is a veteran of thirty-six years in classrooms ranging from kindergarten to high school. She just completed her eighth year as a math instructional coach working in both elementary and middle schools. Having met Kim at a workshop some seven years ago, she immediately hooked-up with her philosophy of engaging students in routines that embed conceptual understanding as well as fluency. Linda has trained teachers in her district, region and state in elementary and middle school math practices. She also works within her district to model teach in classrooms and uses many routines and ideas from Kim's training to show teachers how they can engage students in meaningful tasks developing strong reasoning skills. With an in-depth understanding of CCSSM, Linda uses Kim's materials to help students master concepts at this new level of rigor demanded by CC. Looking for answers to the challenges of Common Core? Linda will help you and your teachers make that transition in a way that allows math to come alive in your classrooms.
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Morning Coffee, Pastries
- Door Prizes
- Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
1 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – please check at the workshop.
Registration 8:00 am
Class Starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:00 pm
Christian Academy of Louisville
700 S. English Station Drive
Louisville, KY 40245
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Math Games for All Standards – 2 Day
- Presenter: Linda Wallace
- Product Code: 2703
- Availability: In Stock