4-Day Intensive Math Camp For Teachers Presented By Grade Levels
Fee for the 4 day workshop is $369 per person.
Creative Mathematics is proud to offer Math Camp 2019. Math Camp is one of the premier educational events offered this summer and we consider it the BEST workshop we offer! Thousands of teachers have attended past Math Camps and were thrilled with the amazing depth and quality of the research-based and grade specific material covered in this FOUR-DAY workshop that will change the way you teach math!
The key to Math Camp’s success is our top-rated presenters who work with you on a comprehensive approach to teaching with grade-specific information with teachers from around the country. Barbara Ann Novelli does a remarkable job with Grades PreK-K-1. Kim Sutton will thrill teachers in Grades 2-3-4, and Paul Agranoff presents a fabulous workshop for Grades 5-6-7.
Breaking the workshops into specific grades allows the presenters to really work with you on an in-depth approach to your plans for next school year. Our presenters update and refine the class each year to make sure you are getting the most current and powerful material for your classroom.
Our hands-on approach and classroom tested materials makes this a tremendously powerful training to truly improve your mathematics content knowledge and get motivated to teach mathematics.
Our unique Make & Take It session on the 3rd afternoon is a great time to give your mind a break, and allow you to create great classroom materials that you will be using in the new school year.
Each presenter has prepared an intense hands-on workshop that covers the NCTM Standards and focuses on specific needs and interests for the grade level they are teaching. Barbara, Kim, and Paul are experts whose intense four days are full of classroom tested, student friendly material that will strengthen your mathematical understanding and teaching!!
Highlights of Math Camp:
- Unique opportunity to attend the premier elementary math training in North America
- Best training offered by Creative Mathematics because of intensity and math content
- Greatest value for a four-day workshop
- Special Make It Take It afternoon constructing visuals and tools from each session
- Learn from the leading math experts in elementary education
- Established and proven strategies for math content that have stood the test of time-no fads no gimmick!
- Relevant grade level materials that align with all current curriculum
- Each instructor will share a yearlong plan for teaching math content
- Mingle and connect with other professionals from around North America!
- Take away ideas and materials ready to use!
Grades PreK-K-1 with Barbara Ann Novelli:
Barbara Ann Novelli is a gifted educator, who has shared her enthusiasm and easily applied ideas with thousands of teachers. The ideas Barbara will share come from her experience as a classroom teacher for over 30 years. Barbara is a teachers’ teacher, having worked with classroom teachers as well as teachers who are earning their credential at the college level. Her expertise in the area of math and science has helped her in many distinguished positions: a writer and national presenter for AIMS Education Foundation, University Professor teaching both the Math/Science Methods courses, Director of Curriculum and Staff Development and a finalist for the Presidential Award in Mathematics. You will leave Math Camp excited and equipped with tools and content knowledge to support you in teaching rigorous, meaningful mathematics that your student will love, and you will enjoy teaching!
Highlights of Barbara Novelli’s Session:
- In each of the 4 days, you will delve deeply into powerful math concepts. During the afternoon, you will focus on the math content embedded in themes that will motivate and interest your students.
- You will look at number sense concepts such as counting, and the operations of addition and subtraction (all the way to addition and subtraction with and without regrouping). The emphasis will be on how each concept supports the understanding of the next.
- Place Value is the number one roadblock for students and you will walk away with tools to help students really understand PLACE VALUE!
- Many important strategies and tools will be introduced to support math fact fluency for all students. Get ready for games, music and dance!
- Exploration of Geometry will include activities which develop understanding and application of concepts related to two and three-dimensional shapes.
- Emphasis in measurement will include student made tools that increase the concepts and procedures of linear measurement and measurement of mass.
- Come learn hundreds of easy ways to make math interesting, fun and exciting from a presenter who has taught each of your grade levels and has extensive knowledge of Preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade!
Grades 2-3-4 with Kim Sutton:
Kim Sutton is an amazing educator who has shared her passion for teaching of mathematics and her award winning strategies with thousands of teachers throughout the world at conferences and workshops. Her extensive classroom experience is evident at every workshop. Her workshops are always exciting as participants engage in constructing tools and understanding about mathematical content. You will leave Math Camp knowing more content, more about how children learn mathematics and tons of practical materials! Kim Sutton has written 18 books to enhance difficult areas of the mathematics curriculum. She has also developed a phenomenal drill and practice program by grade level called Ten Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency!
Highlights of Kim Sutton’s Session:
- You will learn how to develop a theme of patterns throughout the school year to make powerful connections with all strands of mathematics-number sense, algebraic thinking, measurement, geometry and data analysis.
- Learn how to use student-constructed tools at the second third, and fourth grade levels. You will construct and use these tools and leave with all the masters ready for an exciting new year! Over twenty math tools will be modeled.
- How to teach the all important area of number sense-place value! You will develop a better understanding of place value and how to teach it and create routines of practice!
- Learn how to integrate music into the learning of mathematics for longterm retention of content. Dances will be taught to heighten the student engagement.
- You will learn how to effectively create motivation for basic facts. We will develop the “how” for math drills that thrill.
- Learn how to teach fractions through area, set and number line models! All “hands on” ideas with be used!
- Lots of games to create effective routines of practice so that students know the math!
Grades 5-6-7 with Paul Agranoff:
Paul Agranoff is an award-winning teacher with 40+ years of teaching mathematics in the middle level classroom and 25+ years in leading teacher professional learning. He’s authored the Minnesota Mathematics Standards and developed the Minnesota Mathematics Frameworks. Paul was also on the Board of Directors of MCTM as the NCTM Representative for 10 years. He has been involved in presenting classroom best practices to thousands of teachers all across the United States and Canada. Paul was a national workshop leader for Project AIMS for 25 years. Paul’s seminar will be a great benefit to either a first year teacher or an old pro! Paul takes you on a journey that makes sense of teaching mathematics beyond arithmetic. Paul is a talented educator who inspires teachers with his powerful message and strategies. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity!! Math Camp changes the fundamental way teachers think about teaching and learning mathematics. Teachers come away from the 4-day Math Camp experience excited and ready to go back to their classrooms to teach standards based mathematics that is spatial, visual, and kinesthetic. They are ready to engage their students in rigorous rich tasks that engage all learners.
Highlights of Paul Agranoff’s Session:
- Explore number sense, data handling, proportionality, geometry, algebra, and problem solving with many rich hands-on tasks that fit easily into their classroom.
- Increase their depth in skills and strategies as mathematical problem solvers
- Develop a toolbox of strategies to build number sense and mathematical reasoning in their students, particularly with rational numbers/ fractions
- Learn new ways to cognitively engage their students in mathematics using kinesthetic and spatial/visual teaching techniques
- Explore spatial visualization in hands on geometry
- Build many connections between problem solving and the strands of number, algebra, geometry, and prob/stats
- Learn how to integrate problem solving and estimating into their regular classroom practices
Class Times For All Workshops:
Registration 8:00 am
Class Starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:30 pm
Who Should Attend?
All K-7 Classroom Teachers, Elementary Math Teachers, Resource Specialist Teachers, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $20 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
Morning Coffee, Pastries
Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
2 university semester credits from Humboldt State University are available for an additional $100 charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. PD Clock Hours available with prior district approval. Creative Mathematics is an approved Texas CPE provider.
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, stapler, glue stick, and two geometric household objects: i.e. boxes, cylinders, cones. Camera optional.
George H. W. Bush Elementary
3939 Spring Valley Road
Addison, TX 75001
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Math Camp (Grades PreK-K-1) - 4 Day
- Presenter: Barbara Novelli
- Product Code: 2682
- Availability: In Stock