Be An Exceptional Math Teacher
Literature, Links and Developing Working Memory
SUPER SPECIAL OFFER! $99 (Regular Price $229)
Are you uncomfortable teaching math and understanding today’s content? Come experience an exciting, new class for teachers K-5 from one of the top mathematics teachers in North America. Kim Sutton will share strategies on how you can become an exceptional math teacher, because the teacher truly makes the difference in teaching mathematics. Textbooks don’t teach math, teachers do. What does it take? What does it look like? You will leave this class re-energized and ready to try these simple and effective ideas for being at the top of your game as a mathematics teacher! Kim will focus this class on ten powerful literature titles that will cover all grade levels and will make combining mathematics and literature another tool you can use with any curriculum.Kim will give you links for teaching the intensive content of the standards and amazing strategies to address the current lack of working memory in your students to help improve retention of information. Kim’s classes are always fast-paced and fun, and you will be challenged with ten new dice games for place value, basic facts, fractions and geometry! Teachers who attend classes with Kim receive great ideas and games they can use the next day, and skills for improved teaching methods. Take all this back to the classroom with you and become an exceptional math teacher! Get there early as we have lots to do for this exciting day!
About the Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim’s teaching experience includes over 40 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 500 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education and has been the keynote speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 17 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned—Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years.
- How to organize your instructional minutes to maximize the time you spend on mathematics to reach the intensity of the standards!
- Link the content of the standards to what it looks like in the classroom.
- Ways to incorporate new titles of children's literature for interest, engagement and learning!
- Ten new dice games for math fundamentals like place value, basic facts, fractions and geometry.
- How to use visuals effectively in your classroom! Watch the transformation of your students as they become amazing mathematicians!
- How to increase the working memory of each and every student! You will love the improvements you see every day with simple practice strategies!
- Strategies for helping all students "generalize" about the math content that you teach. What you learn today and how it can be applied tomorrow! The ultimate in learning mathematics!
- Cut, color and construct meaning with student-generated tools! Your students will be quick to ask, "What are we making today for math?"
- What are the five traits for making a powerful mathematics teacher? That question will be answered with meaning and motivation.
Registration 8:00 am
Class Starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:00 pm
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
This Seminar Includes:
- Door Prizes
- Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
½ unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – please check at the workshop.
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
7380 Girard Avenue
La Jolla, CA 92037
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our printable Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).
Be An Exceptional Math Teacher
- Presenter: Kim Sutton
- Product Code: 2686
- Availability: In Stock