Math Games for All Standards – 2 Day (Julie Wofford)
Teaching Intensive Content With Motivation
About The Seminar:
Julie Wofford will share Kim Sutton's passion for the learning of mathematics through joyful experiences using games and other motivational strategies that practice mathematical content so that it is never forgotten! This exciting 2 day class is filled with practical games and is designed for teachers of K-5 students using dice and spinners. Participants will receive a manual and tool kit for easy implementation of the games in any classroom situation. The games will incorporate number sense through basic facts, place value, fractions, geometry and algebraic thinking. Students will understand the math content by repeated use of these motivating and exciting games. Julie Wofford will present these practical games that practice math skills and align to the standards. The game boards and materials are so simple and easy to implement. Special effort will be made to show how all grade levels can use these games. Come prepared to enjoy the songs, dances and games that will change your math classroom into a motivational festival of mathematics.
What You Will Learn:
- 25 NEW games for reinforcing math skills of the standards
- Management strategies for maximizing student time on task
- Place value games with neverending pizzazz!
- Building proportional reasoning with games for the three models of fractions
- Number sense, number sense, number sense!
- A deeper understanding of the standards
- Take the fear out of teaching math and put the fun back in
- Add these words to your math program: fun, games, practice, learn, understand
- Why Games Are Powerful Tools for All Math Concepts! How to Teach Meaningful Math and Use Games to Reinforce the Concepts
- Number Sense Games Using Dice that Develop Strong Understanding of Place Value
- Games for Drill and Practice—New Ideas for Math Fact Fluency
- How to Set Up Games for Differentiation Through Response to Intervention
- Games for Developing Proportional Reasoning! Fractions Made Easy!
- Management Ideas for Making Game Time Fun for All!
- Connecting the Standards to Each Game
- Learn How to Differentiate Games to Accommodate all Learners in your Classroom to use Tomorrow in the Elementary Classroom
About The Speaker:
Julie Wofford is a master teacher and Instructional Coach that motivates teachers and students. She has over 20 years of experience in the field of education and has taught in some of the most challenging situations. Julie has a Master's Degree in Curriculum Instruction and has presented many workshops on classroom management and ways to make math exciting for both teachers and students. She is currently a Math Coach and is thrilled to be working with Kim Sutton Associates. Julie is excited to present to teachers the math materials created by Kim Sutton. These materials are specifically designed to move classrooms from "good at math" to "AWESOME at meaningful math concepts." Her interactive, hands-on and creative activities will leave teachers with ideas, strategies and tools that can be used to immediately impact math instruction and performance.
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Registration 8:00 am
Class starts 8:30 am
No Host Lunch 11:45 am
Adjourn 3:00 pm
What to Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
1 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – details provided at the seminar.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express accepted (US funds only).