Establishing Critical Math Routines – Best Practices with All Standards – 2 Day (Julie Wofford)
This FUN 2 day workshop for K-5 will focus on how to take short amounts of time in the teaching day to establish routines with math activities that build strength in number sense including areas like place value, number properties, proportional reasoning, fact fluency and mental math. The strategies in this class, developed by Kim Sutton, are proven to motivate and create constant reinforcement of skills for all students. Participants will be actively involved in constructing and using math tools that deepen their understanding of the fundamentals of math instruction. All of the strategies will be connected to the math standards of all participants. Participants will learn how to use every minute in the classroom to keep students actively involved in thinking and reinforcing important concepts. These strategies are all ready to use. Participants will receive a huge manual along with a powerful toolkit of materials. Scissors, markers, scotch tape and a stapler will be needed for full involvement in this hands-on workshop. This workshop will help teachers understand how to differentiate instruction with music, dance, literature, games and activities. Become more effective at how mathematics is approached with elementary students today!
What You Will Learn:
- New powerful and effective strategies for fact fluency
- Increase the impact of the classroom number line with grade specific questions
- Turn your Fridays into a day of higher level thinking
- More mental math ideas using the simplest of tools
- Making connections with words and numbers for proportional reasoning
- Using music and movements that reinforce math concepts for permanence
- The daily activities you need to build strong number sense
2 Day Program Highlights:
- Amazing strategies to create instant student engagement without extensive preparation
- Connecting the standards to each strategy
- New literature titles for simple connections in number sense and other content strands
- Simple but effective games for reinforcement of skills
- Learn how to cover all the standards using one simple tool with students
- Introduction to new music and dances from Ron Brown of Intelli-Tunes
- Materials that are easy and ready to use tomorrow in the elementary classroom
- Powerful fact fluency tools you can implement immediately
- Learn how to differentiate activities to accommodate all learners in your classroom
About The Speaker:
Julie Wofford is a master teacher, instructional coach and motivator for teachers and students. She has over 20 years of experience in the education field and taught in some of the most challenging situations. Julie has a master’s degree in curriculum instruction and has presented many workshops on classroom management and how to make math exciting for both teachers and students. She is currently a Math Coach and is thrilled to be working with Kim Sutton Associates. Julie is excited to present to teachers the math materials created by Kim Sutton to move classrooms from good at math to AWESOME at meaningful math concepts. Her interactive, hands-on and creative activities will leave teachers with ideas, strategies and tools to use in the classroom immediately.
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
What To Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
1 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – please check at the workshop.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ Or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express accepted (US funds only).